Tuesday, December 1, 2009

November!

Hello, Blog. I feel like we've been apart for too long. I've been too busy (lazy) to visit for the past month, but that only means I have much to talk about. Let's start from the beginning of November.

So, to all of you insomniacs out there, I know you've seen the ad for P90x. It's the infomercial that almost guarantees that you'll go from this


to this

in 90 days. Well, my uncle, who is an avid supporter of the original P90 workouts, bought the workout dvds and let me borrow it. Now, while I still can't visibly count my ab muscles, I did lose over 12 lbs in three weeks. That's like...a large baby. I feel much stronger, I can see definition in my leg muscles again, and I don't feel like someone just punctured my lung with a harpoon after climbing the 5 sets of stairs in my house. The workouts are hard but it's so rewarding when you finish. I actually feel like the people on screen are my daily workout buddies. At one point, I even caught myself trying to high five the TV. Bittersweet moment.

Anyways, I'm now in my fourth week and going strong. I'll film myself doing one of the workouts sometime. I ride an emotional rollercoaster throughout the hour long workout; I'll get angry at myself, then at the TV, then I'll get really pumped up but then I get tired. It's like a soap opera but less crying and more sweat. Well, maybe the same amount of crying.

I went to UC Davis on the 20th to go see my friend perform at a benefit concert (www.youtube.com/annacriselda) and got to meet some B/C list celebrities. I met Andy Baldwin from the bachelor:

Yeah, it's no big deal. I was like "Oh, it's really nice to meet you." And for some reason, he gave me a rose and proposed to me. Like I said, no big deal.

I also met Gabe Bondoc, a very talented musician who is actually from my hometown.



Check him out. He's great. I also saw some other bands, including this one called Songbird. They did a pretty sweet cover of "Thug's Mansion" (you can hear my brother singing in the background):




Moving on. I'm in my second to last week of school and I AM SO RELAXED. Since my only friends live in my television, I've had plenty of time to get all of my work done a couple days before their respective deadlines. I turned in my English research paper three days early today and I don't think I've heard so many people say how much they hate me in one sitting. It's a loving kind of hate.

I got my UC apps in (cue heavenly trumpets) so they are out of my life until May. It's funny because my main motivation for getting my work done early was so I could get HAMMERED during Thanksgiving break. Mission accomplished. I used my brain cells so I could spend the weekend destroying them. I hope they regenerate because if not, I think all of mine are floating in a toilet at Santa Clara University somewhere...

Thanksgiving was marvelous. I drank the night before so I was late to my grandma's house for lunch. After picking up butter at the grocery store, I walked through my grandma's front door and everyone was staring at me. "Sorry, I'm late. I brought the butte---who's that white chick?" I see my sister's friend Margarita and at that point, due to a lack of brain cells, I couldn't connect the dots. I finally look to my left and it was my sister! She surprised the family and showed up for Thanksgiving when we all thought she'd be gone until May. Lunch proceeded to be fantastic and fattening, just how I like it.

Now, when my sister visits she likes to play tourist. She tries to convince people that she's just showing her out-of-town friends a good time, but no.

She took my brother, Margarita and I to the Explora--orium (South Park reference) and all I can say is...find a tennis racket, put your hands on either side of the nylon, move your hands slowly and prepare to be blown away.

After that, we went to Pier 39 and looked at 4 sea lions. They sit on the docks and look like big piles of poop.

My sister left early Saturday morning because she had to do the whole wife thing and not leave her husband by himself for an entire holiday weekend during their first year of marriage. That makes sense, I guess.

On Sunday, I went to the 49er game and had SICK seats courtesy of my cousin, Jeff.

Yeah, that's the inflatable helmet the players run through at the beginning of the game. If I could enter every room through an inflatable helmet, I would be pumped 24/7. I'd run into the dentist's office all 300-Spartan-style like "AHHHH!! LET'S DO THIS ROOT CANAL!" Then proceed to headbutt the closest person. Too intense? I don't think so.

Well, that's a recap of all the big, exciting stuff that's happened. I can already smell Christmas break. I plan on doing a lot of nothing. That makes for a very boring blog but a very happy Angie.

If you've read this far, you are probably procrastinating and really should get back to making your power point presentations, Ate Bev. For those of you who do not work at the BBC (callin' you out too, Lou), thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. DUDE. YOU ARE THE FUNNIEST PERSON I KNOW. I saw you had a new blog and ran, NOT WALKED here.

    I'm your friend and I don't like in the T.V.....for now.

    (at least til winter break when we become famous.)
    heart you!

    ReplyDelete